Friday, September 9, 2011

Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop - September 9, 2011

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a way to connect with fellow bloggers! First, blog about Follow Friday and weekly question, then leave your name on the Linky list, and visit as many blogs as you can on the list and tell them "Hi!" in their comments on their FF post. You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Q. Have you ever wanted a villain to win at the end of a story? If so, which one??

Not that I know of. There's been many villains that I have loved reading about or respected because they're so good they give me chills. I'm too involved with good, happy endings for a villain to win. It is what they are supposed to do, be vanquished. :)



Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy-for-Books. It is a great way to connect with other book lovers and bloggers! The Hop lasts from Friday till Monday, so there is plenty of time to participate. To join in, post the Hop and weekly question to your blog, add your name to the Linky list, and start HOPPING through it!

Q. Many of us primarily read one genre of books, with others sprinkled in. If authors stopped writing that genre, what genre would you start reading? Or would you give up reading completely if you couldn’t read that genre anymore?

I'm very eclectic with my genres. Romance is a consistent one through all of them though. It's what I started reading way back in the day. I mainly look for good story lines with great characters. Whatever genre I could find that in, I would be happy.

7 comments:

Sierra said...

I sometimes root for the villan, but who doesn't love for the good guys to win? ;)

New follower! :D

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Sometimes I like the villain :) They definitely make the story what it is, and give the protagonist something to work towards!

My Follow Friday :)

Jenni Elyse said...

I like most of the villains in the stories I've read. I like them in the sense that the author does a good job of making me hate them, lol.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Sometimes I do wonder what the novel would've been like if the villain won instead, but not too much. Sometimes I really do dislike the villains, love to hate em kind of thing!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Aeicha @ Word Spelunking said...

New follower here hopping through!

A love a good sympathetic villain, but I also love to see the truly evil villains get squished.

Here’s my FF and Hop

Tia said...

I agree, I love happy endings! So, I definitely root for the good guys!

My Follow Friday!

Maria Behar said...

Hi, Nikki! Great answers there! I agree with you about the villains -- I might find one to be alluring, but I would never want him to win!! I LOVE happy endings too much for that!

As for your second answer, I don't entirely agree. I've got to have ALL of my favorite genres, especially romance of all stripes!

Have a GREAT weekend! : )

Post a Comment