Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - September 7, 2011


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To join in, share the book or books that you are currently drooling over as you await their release and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. The gorgeous badge above is brought to us by Lindsay at The Violet Hour!


Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
Hardcover, 304 pages
Expected publication: February 14th 2012 by Walker & Co (J)

From Goodreads:
Many readers know the tale of Robin Hood, but they will be swept away by this new version full of action, secrets, and romance. Posing as one of Robin Hood’s thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in. It’s only her fierce loyalty to Robin—whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her—that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for.



The tale of Robin Hood was my favorite growing up. Any cartoon, movie, or comic that involved it, I can guarantee I have read or seen it. I saw this book on a blog the other day and of course I about did a dance. Not sure that I agree with turn of events and characters, but that's why I'm so intrigued. I like the idea of a strong female lead in this. If it is done well, this book will make the epic list for me. :)

8 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

I am with you on loving the Robin Hood myth and reality and will definitely be putting this one on my wish list. Excellent choice!

Michelle Santiago said...

scarlett was one of our WoW picks last month. so excited to read it too.

check out our WoW post this week. :)

-Michelle

Sherre said...

This book is very interesting! I, however am not sure if i can accept a robin hood spinoff. Nothing would seem like it measured up.

My WoW

Sally Bibrary said...

Great choice - I've always loved the Robin Hood story, and even though the original story has been done to death, I really like the twist here with Scarlet. Count me in.

Jenna JL said...

Great choice! This looks very interesting.
My WoW is BETWEEN THE SEA AND SKY.

The1stdaughter said...

Love this pick, it's so original! I'm definitely adding it to my Goodreads shelf, thanks!

My WoW involves an author and a new YA coming out in October, take a look here. And thanks!

tthepageturner said...

Hi, just hopping through!

- New follower

Jennifer said...

you have done a great job. Above all the points are explained very clearly. It's great stuff. Each and every day i get some valuable information.website hosting

web hosting

Post a Comment