Sunday, October 23, 2011

In My Mailbox - October 23, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. It is a great way for bloggers to socialize and network their blogs and to share upcoming releases! To join in all the fun, simply:
  1. Make your own IMM post! You can post about books you've bought, gotten from the library, received for review... books don't have to arrive via your mailbox.
  2. You can post weekly, every other week, or one week out of the month, it’s up to you and it doesn't have to be on Sunday.
  3. Once you have your IMM posted, go to The Story Siren on her Sunday post and add your link to the list.
  4. Comment on other bloggers IMM posts.

*STRETCHES* Oh, hello there! It's been a couple of days since I've been able to post. Grad school has had a hold on me with vice grips for a few days and I thought I would take a break and say "Hello" to everyone. I've not been able to get much reading done but I still have been able to at least look for and pick up a couple of things. ;)

Bought for the Southern Festival of Books:













*Blood Red Road by Moira Young (signed) - Amazing reading with her! If you get the chance to meet her or attend a reading, do so. Not going is cutting yourself short!
*Sisters Red and Sweetly by Jackson Pearce (signed) - This girl is real. She is the type I could see sitting down at any lunch table and fitting in easily. Absolutely hilarious stories!
*The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - She had to cancel at the last minute, but I'd already bought the hardcover. I'd won the ARC in a giveaway and had hoped to giveaway this one on my blog after it was signed, so hopefully I'll catch her the next time around. :)


Bought:













*Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
*Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
*Speak by Laurie Anderson - I've heard a lot of controversy about this book and found it at a used books store. I figured I'd get it to see what the fuss was about. :)

And finally, my giveaway earnings! I've been really fortunate lately for some reason. I've won five more books that have not arrived here yet!













*The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - Thank you, The Secret Life of an Avid Reader!
*Fury by Elizabeth Miles and *Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs (ARCs) - Thank you, Rachel @ Fiktshun's My Reading Pile!

I'll post again as soon as I can. Happy reading, friends!

4 comments:

Giselle said...

Awesome mailbox! I really want to read Sweetly it sounds pretty cool!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Book Blather said...

I need to read some Libba Bray books - I've heard such great things! Have a nice week. x

Shoshanah said...

I keep hearing about The Night Circus lately. I have a feeling it's going to be huge, and definitely will be reading it!

Annette Mills said...

Whoo! Those all look great to me. Happy reading!

Post a Comment