Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - October 5, 2011


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To join in, share the book or books that you are currently drooling over as you await their release and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. The gorgeous badge above is brought to us by Lindsay at The Violet Hour!

I've not seen this one around too much, so I thought I would throw it around a little. I see a lot potential in it and hope it holds up to it. From what I hear it could be the little book that could for the first part of 2012.

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
Hardcover, 326 pages
Expected publication: February 7th 2012 by G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers

From Goodreads:

A Great and Terrible Beauty meets Cassandra Clare in this spellbinding fantasy

Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they're witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship—or an early grave.

Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word . . . especially after she finds her mother's diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family's destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra.

If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren't safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood—not even from each other.

8 comments:

Giselle said...

Born Wicked is going to be great. Just look at that cover!! Great pick!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads
Btw- I'm giving away an ARC of Legend and it ends tonight if you haven't entered yet. ;)

Rachel said...

I just got some bookmarks from Jessica and if they are anything like the cover, it will be so pretty! Great pick!

My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-25.html

Lindsay Cummings author said...

i loooooove this cover! so pretty!

i follow you here!

here's my WOW post! Stop by and let me know what your fav read has been so far this year!! I also posted a review of my WOW..so technically I guess I already finished with my waiting!

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-review-of-pledge.html

Jennifer said...

I love the cover! Can't wait to check this out!

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

I love the cover of this one :) I can't wait for it either! It looks and sounds amazing :) Great pic!

My WoW

Tiffany Drew said...

I agree with everyone else, the cover to this is gorgeous! I can't wait until it's out :)

Tiffany
My WoW: http://bit.ly/qdTtuQ

Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit said...

Can't wait to read this one. Great choice :) The cover is irrisistable.

Thanks for sharing.

Check my post:
http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/2011/10/wow-1.html#more

Karen L. said...

I'm really excited for this one! The cover is gorgeous, plus it's about witches--which are practically my favorite thing ever!

Post a Comment