Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - November 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To join in, share the book or books that you are currently drooling over as you await their release and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. The gorgeous badge above is brought to us by Lindsay at The Violet Hour!

I am really curious to see how the relationship goes in this book. I'm still skeptical because in Hereafter it seemed like it was just very impossible. Maybe it'll prove me wrong...

Arise by Tara Hudson
Hardcover, 400 pages
Expected publication: July 5th 2012 by Harper Collins Children's Books

From Goodreads:
Amelia—still caught between life and death—must fight for every moment of her relationship with the human boy Joshua. They can hardly even kiss without Amelia accidentally dematerializing. Looking for answers, they go to visit some of Joshua’s Seer relatives in New Orleans. But even in a city so famously steeped in the supernatural, Amelia ends up with more questions than answers…and becomes increasingly convinced that she and Joshua can never have a future together.Wandering through the French Quarter, Amelia meets other in-between ghosts, and begins to seriously consider joining them. And then she meets Gabrielle. Somehow, against impossible odds, Gaby has found a way to live a sort of half-life...a half-life for which Amelia would pay any price. Torn between two worlds, Amelia must choose carefully, before the evil spirits of the netherworld choose for her.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's my first time hearing about Arise.The story line sounds really good! Nice pick!

Giselle said...

I have to read Hereafter soon I've heard it was really good and now this one is coming out. :)

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Val said...

You know I'm curious too. What future is there in a ghost relationship? Could be interesting.

Valerie
StuckInBooks.com

Unknown said...

I'm not too sure about this book because the first one was only okay for me. The cover is pretty awesome though! Great choice :) Check out my WOW:

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Rida said...

I haven't read Hereafter, although, yeah, it WAS an interesting concept. Thanks for sharing :)

You can find my WoW here.

Gina @ My Precious said...

I read Hearafter a couple of months ago. I knew more books were coming out, its nice to have a name and a book cover though now.

Jennifer said...

I haven't read Hereafter, but I am intrigued by the summary of this book. I love reading about seemingly impossible relationships!

Here's mine: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

Pamela said...

I didn't realize Hereafter had a sequel! That's exciting! I still haven't read Hereafter, but it's on my TBR list for sure. Great pick! I love the cover.

Feel free to check out my YA WoW here.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally looking forward to this one too!

Anonymous said...

I like the cover. It is pretty! The book sounds good. I'm will tell my friend since she likes this kind of book. Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

New follower.

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ooo awesome pick :)

Post a Comment