Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - October 26, 2011


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To join in, share the book or books that you are currently drooling over as you await their release and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. The gorgeous badge above is brought to us by Lindsay at The Violet Hour!

I've only got to read part of the first book of this series, but it already has its hooks in me! The author behind the book also has an interesting life story. :)

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
Hardcover, 800 pages
Expected publication: November 8th 2011 by Random House

From Goodreads:
Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaƫsia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

3 comments:

Brenna said...

I haven't read this series yet, but my sister does and she loves it! Everyone I know who's read it has loved it, but I just find it hard to get into series that have so many books when I already feel behind on my reading.

Good pick, thanks for sharing! :)

My WoW at Esther's Ever After

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Seeing this one around a lot lately! Never read the series myself. Hope you love it once it releases!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Jennifer said...

I loved Eragon, but never got around to finishing the rest of the series. Maybe I should try to do that next year...Great pick!

Here's my WoW post this week: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-5-angel-of.html

Post a Comment