Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - March 20, 2013


 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To join in, share the book or books that you are currently drooling over as you await their release and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. The gorgeous badge above is brought to us by Lindsay at The Violet Hour!

Love the concept of this one! Especially since the incidents happen to the males instead of females. That's a nice change from the "damsel in distress" books. :)

Taken by Eric Bowman
Hardcover, 352 pages
Expected publication: April 16th 2013 by HarperTeen

From Goodreads:
There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends…and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?

9 comments:

Nikki said...

Nice! Been seeing a lot of this lately! Sounds exciting!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Nikki said...

I'm excited about this too! :)

My WOW Post

Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

Nikki said...

Love the sound of this one! I already have it on my to-read list and I can't wait. Great pick!

Come check out my WOW post.

Nikki said...

Isn't that cover GORGEOUS? I am in love. And I'm about to start it. Great pick!

My WoW

Nikki said...

Like the cover and the premise. Great choice this week!
Kat
www.katsbookbuzz.net

Nikki said...

I CAN'T wait fr this book to be released!!!!!!

New Follower <3!

Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]

Vixen's WoW!

Nikki said...

I too can't wait for this one! It sounds really good and the cover is awesome.

My WoW



I'm loving your blog. Such a cute layout and I love your sticky system! New GFC Follower!

Nikki said...

I
have got to check out this book! Thanks for making it your pick this week! Happy
Reading!
Here is my WoW for this week!

Nikki said...

I think this sounds really dark and intense-excited to learn more! (Also how are new kids born or is everyone conceived by a father under 18?)

Post a Comment