Monday, July 16, 2012

Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Hardcover, 438 pages
Published October 4th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Source: Purchased
Buy the book:  Amazon : B&N : Goodreads
From Goodreads:
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
 *Sigh* I had such hopes for this book. Cresendo was...well horrid in my opinion and I had hoped this would be the redeemer for it. Sadly, I was mistaken. 
The book suffers from major lack of plot. Nora doesn't have her memories and Patch is being...well, Patch I guess and just floating along. It is definitely written better in some minor aspects, but it still just doesn't have that little thing that jumps out and grabs you. I found myself just flipping through the pages saying to myself "Get on with it and get it over with." You can see what's going to happen five chapters back and there's just filler in between. And yes, I can probably write and outline of Finale at this point as well.
What saved this book for me, a little, was Patch, Jev, and Vee. Patch and Jev show a little of their true selves. I especially like Jev. Why? I don't know, there's just something about him. Vee. I really just wanted to smack her at times. I kept waiting to see what would happen next with her and her shenanigans though. She may be annoying but at least what was happening around her was usually interesting.
This one was definitely an improvement over the second book. However, it is still very lackluster compared to the first. I will probably read the final book, but it will be because I am already so invested in this series. I hope that the final book will be as good as Hush, Hush, but I simply want this series to be done already.


0 comments:

Post a Comment